Established in 1993 by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the ATTC Network is a nationwide, multidisciplinary resource for professionals in the addictions treatment and recovery services field. The ATTC Network strives to improve the quality of addictions treatment and recovery services by facilitating alliances among front line counselors, treatment and recovery services agency administrators, faith-based organizations, policy makers, the health and mental health communities, consumers and other stakeholders.
review the professional standards guiding addiction practitioners.
document can be used and adapted by states and their constituencies, providers, professional associations, credentialing bodies, institutions of higher educations, etc. as they develop scopes of practice, career ladders, credentialing criteria or course. curricula.
largest membership organization serving addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals specializing in addiction prevention, treatment and education.
database of basic information on a variety of state, national, and some international bodies offering licensing & credentialing for drug and alcohol counselors maintained by the ATTC National office.
a list of institutions offering a certificate, bachelor, master and/or doctoral program in substance use disorders, as well as those offering a concentration, specialty or minor in the addictions field maintained by the ATTC National office.
The International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Inc. (IC&RC) –
organization which sets international standards of practice in addiction counseling, prevention and clinical supervision through testing and credentialing of addiction professionals.
organization providing a global forum for the examination and debate of issues concerning post secondary education in addiction studies to enhance the quality of training and education in the field, and to disseminate professional knowledge and share ideas regarding addiction studies. Also works to develop standards and implement an accreditation process for addictions studies programs within and between nations, states and provinces.
professional specialty organization founded in 1975 for nurses committed to the prevention, intervention, treatment, and management of addictive disorders including alcohol and other drug dependencies, nicotine dependencies, eating disorders, dual and multiple diagnosis, and process addictions such as gambling.
largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world.
professional certification board devoted to credentialing counselors who meet the standards for the general and specialty practices of professional counseling.
overview of the addictions treatment and recovery services workforce.
- AddictionMedicineJobs.com – directory of addiction medicine jobs
- American Psychiatric Association’s Job Central – resources available for planning a career in psychiatry, psychiatrists seeking employment and career information, and employers recruiting psychiatrists.
- CollegeBoard.com – find colleges and universities with specific characteristics and to research college admissions requirements.Also find information on Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers.
- Career Center – provided by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals</>
- Careers.socialworkers.org – the social work career center
- ExploreHEALTHcareers.org – information on a wide variety of health careers
- HSCareers.com – source for Human Service Jobs, Social Service Jobs, Social Work Jobs, Non-Profit Jobs, Mental Health Jobs, and Behavioral Health Jobs
- Health Workforce Information Center – provides free access to the most recent resources on the nation’s health workforce in one online location.
- iseek.org – houses basic information on addiction counseling
- LifeWorks – explore health and medical science careers by the the National Institutes of Health’s Office of Science Education Web site.
- Online RN to BSN Program – nursing careers and education
- The Princeton Review- a day in the life of a substance abuse counselor
- Public Health Online- find public health degree and career information
- SocialService.com – social service job site
- New Jersey Prevention Network – locate jobs within the Network area